Blog 1
Technology is constantly progressing, as well as benefitting our society. Technology makes certain things in life much easier to accomplish. That being said, Teaching is can be achieved without technology but the use of it in a classroom makes it much easier. Technology allows teachers to use creative and very efficient techniques while teaching their class, ultimately making the students education better. Not only does technology allow teachers to do their jobs more effectively, it also benefits the students. Without the current use of technology in the classroom, students would be lacking a tremendous amount of helpful resources. For instance, there are so many online databases that students have access to that makes their lives so much easier when doing a project or just trying to greater their knowledge on an issue. I believe both the teacher, and the students need for technology in their everyday lives, influences their need for technology in the classroom as well.
One ISATE standard that stood out to me is Creativity and Innovative. I think this is a very important skill to have a good grip on as a student or as a teacher. The best way to get yourself, or your students to understand and remember a concept is to be creative and original with your learning technique. On the other hand, I am least comfortable with my understanding of the analyst skill. Analyzing information and data has always been one of my weaknesses as a student, which leads me to believe I would have trouble teaching it to others. I think my analyzing skills need to be greatly improve before coming an educator.
I strongly agree with the term Digital Native and definitely think it applies greatly to todays generation. My generation has grown up completely submerged in technology and because of that we are typically considered technologically savvy. On the other hand, most of my former teachers and and professors have not had as much of an upper hand when it comes to technology. This being said, most of the students in the classroom, including myself, have known more about technology than our teacher might have known. This lead to the students frequently helping the teachers out to make the use of technology in the classroom run smoother. As I stated previously, technology is constantly progressing, which leads me to believe that future generations will continue to be even more technologically savvy. Due to these advancements, I do believe that my future students will know more about technology than I might and be able to aid me in my technology use during class.
Comments
Post a Comment