Blog 3



         After reading all of the ELA technology standards I feel that I would be most comfortable teaching and using the last "Producing" Tech Standard, "Use Digital Media". I personally am more of a visual learner than anything else, so I have always enjoyed digital media in the classroom. When I am a teacher one day I want to be able to use these digital media skills in my classroom. On the other hand, the Tech Standard that I am not as comfortable with is the "Multimedia:" Science/Technical Subjects. This standard is all about using charts and graphs to display quantitative data. I have always been very bad at science and had very little interest in the subject. This being said, I do not think I will be comfortable teaching anything with science and data with my current knowledge on the subject.
      In my fifth grade class I like to use technology in many aspects of our classroom. My favorite technology application that we use in class would have to be the use of blogs. I think it is so important to hear what every student has to say in a structured, yet free-style way. Blogs give my students the freedom to be creative and authentic while still showing me what they know and what they need improvement on. I strongly feel that every class should incorporate blogs into their curriculum. Another technology application that is similar to blogs and also one of my personal favorites is a discussion board. I chose to use this in my class because not only do my students get to be creative and original like in their blogs, but they also get to collaborate. My students post a discussion board and then get to comment on their friends posts and ask questions or make comments. This is a very effective way to brainstorm and discuss the topic even at home.
       I personally had so much fun creating my newsletter for assignment two. I have never made anything like that before and it made me so excited to hopefully do that for my own classroom one day. I had never used a lot of the applications on Microsoft; for instance, making word art, or the double column feature. Both of these skills are very useful to have and I'm excited that I now know how to do it. I am looking forward to more assignments similar to this one in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

ILP2

Blog 1