blog 6

    The school website that I'm looking at is Waters Edge Elementary school in Boca Raton, Florida. This is the elementary school that I attended when I was younger. On the website the students and the parents have access to the school calendar with important dates and events, news, links to important learning tools, the lunch menu, and many other aspects of the school. When you have an account and login you can access your students grades or  any announcements from your teacher.
    I think technology is very important in order to communicate effectively with not only your students, but their parents as well. Especially as an elementary teacher, like I want to be, you can not always rely on your students to pass on your important announcements and concerns with their parents; that is just unrealistic. I think updating your website and online grades as frequently as possible is something that can be used in your favor. This will ensure that everything you want the parents to be notified of, will reach them, as long as you post them online.
     Last week we took a little break from class and visited the technology sandbox. In this sandbox we got to see and experience many different types of technology that were not only super cool, but also brilliant to use in a classroom. For instance, there was a projector board that was touch screen and incredibly interactive. We were able to do class activities and lesson plans with this touch screen board, that was extremely high tech. You can show any image, for example of a human ear or a crab, in 3D and move it from any angle. This makes the visual explanation of these images much easier. Many students are visual learners and they need that detailed visualizations in order to totally grasp and remember the content. Another example would be the virtual reality simulator. This can be used when teaching your students about space, or the ocean, or even about geography. The virtual reality simulator allows you to not only see these places very realistically, but feel like you are completely submerged in that environment. This makes the class more exciting and enjoyable for the students which automatically ensures a higher participation and comprehension rate.


school website: http://www.edline.net/pages/waters_edge_elementary_school

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1

ILP2

Blog 1