blog 9
I personally am not a fan of the developing concept of "flipped classrooms". I understand the idea of it and how it benefits children being able to go their own pace at home, but however there are many downsides. I think it is more beneficial to learn in class with your teacher in front of you so you can use her as a resource. When the students are learning their lessons through a podcast online, they are not able to ask their teachers questions or collaborate with their classmates during class. I do think the idea is smart in theory but I believe it would be difficult to execute in an effective manner. I also think it is important to consider that not every student has a perfect home life or access to the matters they need. For instance not all students may have access to a computer or have the family to encourage them to sign on to their class podcast. The lessons can easily be unattended which would lead to poor results on the in class work. Although it could be beneficial in some ways, I do not believe flipped classrooms are an effective way to run a class.
I personally learned a lot from my experience with the powerpoint assignment. I have used powerpoint a few times in my previous classes but I have never done one with such specific criteria. This being said, this time using powerpoint, I learned way more and was forced to step outside of my comfort zone. I used resources that the site offers to do new things and effectively achieve my goals. I learned how to add my voice recording and make it like a video, and I think this is a very important resource that I will most likely utilize in the future.

I personally learned a lot from my experience with the powerpoint assignment. I have used powerpoint a few times in my previous classes but I have never done one with such specific criteria. This being said, this time using powerpoint, I learned way more and was forced to step outside of my comfort zone. I used resources that the site offers to do new things and effectively achieve my goals. I learned how to add my voice recording and make it like a video, and I think this is a very important resource that I will most likely utilize in the future.

Comments
Post a Comment